A lot is often wrong with these lists and it can lead to wrong decisions being taken such as misplacing our priorities in article submissions. The implication is of course a sub-optimal performance of our websites with consequent negative effect on our bottom line (profit).
The genesis of this problem lies in
Inefficient ranking systems adopted by those who maintain these lists
- Currently, most webmasters who maintain article directories lists, rank them on the basis of either Alexa rating, Google PageRank or both(At A Particular Point In Time) without taking into consideration the fact that the situation is dynamic and a change in these variables over time which is the order of the day, naturally calls for a change in the list of best article directories.
- Some webmasters even use subjective factors to rank article directories that fall into the list of best article directories they maintain. No mention is made of any ranking factor. Rather, you see comments of their blog users asking to be included in the article directories list and this is often honored at the discretion of the webmaster, without any defined basis.
- There is no call for users’ input in highlighting article directories that fall within laid down ranking criteria of the article directories list. Were this to be in place, it would act as a check and a transparent tool for ensuring that only the best article directories feature on the article directories list.
- The basis of ranking article directories that fall into the list is usually not stated for all to see. This leads to arbitrariness and subjectivity.
Lack of regular updates to these lists
Most lists of top article directories take the “set and forget” approach. i.e. the publisher simply abandons these lists once prepared. The implication of this should be apparent.
The situation is dynamic and calls for regular review of information and adjustments of data presented, as appropriate.
The following begins to happen when these article directory lists are left un-updated.
Bad user experience results from the following
- Many of the best article directories lists do not have clickable links such that it is not convenient for the user to swiftly view and take any necessary action on these article directory sites.
- Many of the article directories listed have since gone into extinction or have been converted to other uses.
- The Alexa rating and/or Google PageRank, which is usually the basis of ranking of these article directories would have since changed.
- “404 errors” sometimes result when the user attempts to access these article directory sites.
- Many of these article directories lists do not have article directories classified into “dofollow” or “nofollow”. This is very crucial for the user to be able to discern whether or not he is likely going to get “do follow link juice” from his article submission.
- The number of article directories listed in most of these article directories lists is too few to be meaningful e.g. 10. Many marketers would want a comprehensive article directories list that they can almost exclusively use for their article marketing campaigns.
Utilization of a fairly large size of article directories list will naturally result into varied backlinks and sizeable/significant traffic.
You may not know that this site maintains a credible list of best article directories which avoids all the defects listed above.
Here, article directories are regularly added and dropped in response to changes in the ranking criteria. Updates are regular, the article directories are classified into “dofollow” and “nofollow” with clickable links, list size is reasonably large i.e. 165 top article directories, ranking basis is known to all and gradually adjusted upwards for greater quality, as more and more higher ranking article directories are discovered.
Take a tour of
==> internet’s most updated list of best article directories
(comprising 165 top article directories).
**** If you enjoyed reading this post, be sure to fill out this form to receive notification via e-mail once any new blog post is published. You will be able to see the post title and if it piques your interest, you can simply click over to my blog.
You can leave a comment below, picking up one or two dofollow backlinks in the process, as the case may be, since this blog is dofollow and has keywordluv and commentluv plugins enabled.
Do not forget to share this post with your friends and followers. Remember sharing is caring! ****